Saturday 1 October 2016

A Stroll in a Concrete World























I went for a stroll, for some quiet and some peace,
Fluvial marks tranquillising any bubbling and bleat,
I sat down next to a stone by the side
I realised it wasn’t a stone but man made block of granite
The park offered a beautiful respite
I paved and jogged and reached there with might
As I settled and picked a spot so perfect
And lowered myself to sit on nature’s carpet
I felt my behind being pricked by thorns
I bolted upright and realised it was a carpet woven ordered and port
The flowers, ah so beautiful
The roses and their lovely stems, in delight they shook
I went to take a sniff and pic
The roses, as my luck was, were made from felt and plastic
Finally I heaved a sigh
Looked at the towers surrounding so high,
The water is quiet and the birds chirp,
The flamboyance is exciting to see,
The geese flock near my feet,
And whey they bite I timidly flee.

No comments:

Post a Comment